Friday, April 16, 2010

BIG ASS UPDATE!

imma post crap that has been going on for the past month.

i've been working on final projects, murals around chicago. since daley has his anti-public art policy, i've decided to capture what I can before they go down (the mayor and his crew are pretty adamant about it) . my teacher isn't too hot about this idea, but I think it's great since i don't see many folks documenting the talent in and around chicago, only in NYC, LA and foreign places ie. london.


hyde park


hyde park


Garfield & Michigan Ave


I had a fundraiser/birthday party. Fundraiser was for Heiruspecs' band memner, Muad'Dib, unfortunately we didn't raise all too much money. I believe one reason was because I had an ass of a friend who wouldn't watch the door for me for pay and free drink... piece of shit mother fucker...

I definitely would like to thank everyone who showed up though, it was pretty fun and great!



Shot photos at 'Die Tonight', a member's only party and something with Sonoteque opening up as Beauty Bar...
Die Tonight!

Die Tonight!


Die Tonight!


DJ Limb's got his own dance party thing going on now at the Redline Tap, The Booty Caboose! It was an exciting and fun party. I met an old man who had some interesting stories on Myanmar.


O.G. presents The Booty Caboose


O.G. presents The Booty Caboose


O.G. presents The Booty Caboose


O.G. presents The Booty Caboose


O.G. presents The Booty Caboose


I actually started DJing with Limbs at Risque Cafe. Our gig is called 'Soul Sauce', where we play soul all night every 2nd and 4th friday of the month. So far we done 2 gigs, and I love it!

Soul Sauce

Then I recently went to Urbana Champaign for the first time in my life with Limbs and Erika. It was for a breakdancing competition, IL Breaks 7. YUP! it was tons fun, I felt like I was in the movies the whole night, then when the morning came, I felt like I was at Drift Day for some reason, mustve been all the testosterone.


IL Breaks 7


IL Breaks 7


IL Breaks 7


IL Breaks 7


IL Breaks 7


Oh yes, Rob came in from Japan. It was great seeing him. Crab and Pam got married. I also designed a flier for Drift Day 30, W00T!

DD30_Flyer_01-744x1024


Then I am documenting an Asian-American Showcase tonight at the Abbey Pub, Declare Indie 3.

DI3_POSTER


Tomorrow I am off to DETROIT! To visit my girl, Kristine!!

whew!

No comments: